Monday, October 6, 2008

Womens Retreat!!

So, this past weekend was the River Valley Church Women's Retreat, we headed up to Bass Lake to the Pines Resort...it was so beautiful there, especially when it started to rain...it made me think "Winter's coming"!! It was such a meaningful time connecting with friends, making new friends, late night talks and walks on the docks...but most importantly letting God speak to us in so many ways, through worship, through prayer and through our speaker! The Lord really challenged me this weekend, to let go and let Him handle things, to let Him take care of the situations I can't control, to let Him heal the pain and hurts of myself and others! I cannot believe how much better it feels to do those things! I know I will have to be constantly reminded to do these things, but He is soooo awesomeand so faithful! I am so in love with My Lord! Thank you Jesus for meeting me there, putting your arms around me and healing me!! I love you!

Me and Laura

The Life group girls (I wish I could still see them every week!)

1 comment:

Liege said...

Nicole,
Thanks for the comment and the tip. I actually read that book before Makenna was born and once she was here I was al about holding her and feeding her and didn't care about trying to get her on a schedule.
Well, she's 4 weeks now and I are struggling so I'm reading the book again and today I actually started trying to enforce the schedule. My doctor suggested I try to push her longer in between feedings so she'll be hungrier and will eat longer. It's hard to hear her cry and see that she's hungry and make her wait that extra 15 or 30 minutes...
Anyways, please feel free to email me with any tips or maybe of the things you did that worked for you: liege@lonetreeservices.com.
Thanks again,
Liege