Monday, February 2, 2009

Peach Blossom Festival

Last Tuesday, Lauryn had the opportunity to compete as a finalist, for the third grade classes at Fresno Christian, for a local literary competition called the Peach Blossom Festival. It is held at Fresno State University. She was beyond nervous, but she did such a fantastic job! Her last words to me before she recited her sweet poem were..."I hope I don't win, I don't want to do this in front of too many people..." Her poem was about a teacher and a teachers love. I was so proud of her and all that she put into the recital of her poem. Doug, Grandma Marvell and I all showed up to watch her and cheer her on! The next day when I picked her up, she ran to me to tell me that she wasn't chosen...and that she felt like she was going to cry, which she promptly did. I felt so bad for her, but reminded her that she was awesome, and that her dad and I were so proud of her, just for being a finalist and for doing such a fine job! I also reminded her that she told me she didn't want to make it...and that there was always next year!! I love that girl and am amazed every day at the smart, beautiful girl she has become!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Good try Lauryn!!!!!

Unknown said...

Savannah had fun with Lauren yesterday. Thanks for the visit. We had fun!

Unknown said...

Spelled her name wrong, sorry. Savannah's middle name is Lauryn. Spelled the same way. Coolness.